Friday, September 10, 2010

A new era in his life

A few days ago, my brother left for the next stage in his journey; university. This single event has created a new section in the on going life of my family. Every day I watch my mother eat herself through worry and my dad glow in his personal pride. The house too feels exceptionally empty, and I can't even imagine what it will be like once my dad takes his leave back to Pakistan.

But how does it affect me? I suppose it is pretty significant. I've lived with my older brother my entire life, I really haven't known many days when we weren't in each other companies and there were periods of maybe a few weeks, but few of them. This in turn I suppose caused us to grow pretty close and know each other really well, and in turn gave us an ability to be really open minded with each other, to be able to talk about just about any thing. This isn't really a "guy" thing, so I guess my brother was more like my sister.

But as always, things are due to change and they do change. I feel stranger in my own home these days, I often find tad bits of scientific facts, or musical news or anything that I want to tell some body but I cannot, little pieces of information I would have told my brother. I find my self lacking someone to have an "intellectual" conversation with at home.

It's just one of those things to get used to I suppose, but it will be weird for a while, I don't really have as much of an outlet anymore so I'm guessing that this will cause me to start talking about stranger things more often with my friends, some thing I might want to avoid for want of mutual happiness.

So I didn't actually go to his university and drop him off, I guess it probably has something to do with the fact that I was fasting, it was a 3 hour car ride and it was around 5 in the morning and I really felt like sleeping. Of course, this isn't an excuse as I really didn't want to drop him off the night before, was I simply too lazy? or was I scared of saying the good byes? Probably neither, but who knows :)

Am I exaggerating in this post? Probably quite a bit. It's a deep thing I suppose, and pretty cheesy. My brother isn't meant to read this any ways, if he does every piece of information here becomes invalid.

I actually do have quite a bit of blogging to do to catch up, yesterday Christie sent me a quick mockery making fun of my lack of updating and then ran away before I was able to reply and now I must make up for it :D

No comments:

Post a Comment