Sunday, January 26, 2014

Training - 25th Jan. 2014


Snatch Balance: Worked up to a heavy single with 135
Back Squat: Just did some paused reps up to around 185
Snatch Pull off the Blocks: Did 135x2x3 w/ rebend, then worked up to 185 for a shrug-pull
Rows: 120x4x10
Glute Ham Raise: 3x5
Ab Wheel 3x

One of the ideas I had for this recent strength phase was to do heavier pulls more often. The pulling portion isn't a real weakness for me in the classicals, as I can always pull the bar high enough. However, heavy pulls should hopefully allow me to maintain better form and confidence at heavier weights, while also training the back musculature in the related positions.

I used to hesitate mainly because I was scared to pull heavy to the point where form would be breaking down. I'm still pulling with good speed (see strong pull above), and taking many videos. Happily Surprised to see that maintaining form at heavier weights on pulls comes pretty naturally at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment