Monday, July 5, 2010

A human potential to hate

I've only just completed my 2nd year of high school, gr.10. It really has been a great year with many fun events and memories. However, this year has had a difference significance to me, through the year, my eyes have been opened to the dormant hate that every body has.

I have always lived my life with a very balanced view. I believe that there is an equal amount of good and bad in every single person. For every bad trait, there is a good trait of equal value. This would include everything about the person, physical appearance, emotions, personality, everything. A very basic example using school subjects would be the typical, one person is amazing at art but only average at math as opposed to someone who is amazing at math and horrible at art.

I've always lived my life with this ideology, and it has always affected the decisions I make. I simply believe that the good qualities of each person do not suit me, and simply go against what I believe, but never that they are a bad person. Never have I thought to myself seriously: "Wow, he is stupid." Or "She is attractive" It has always been more like "What that person lacks in Math, he makes up for easily in his intra personal logical thought" or, "I don't really find her attractive, but I know someone out there does" etc.

I've never really judged any body badly for what they do, or how they act. If someone behaves badly in front of me, I simply shrug it off, and think about how they have other good qualities. They always do. And never have I felt that I was unique in this viewpoint.

However, through out gr.10, I have realized just how different the ideologies of most people are. Most people, I find never give others a true chance. Many people make an initial impression, often upon appearance or simply one single incident. They create an entire personality of who they think the person is with this and while the personality can be changed, it usually isn't because they do not give the person a second chance.

I've learnt this through simply opening my eyes to all the hate that floats around. I observe people observing others, or I payed attention in Ms. Chos' class when she asked about first impressions. I really came to the same conclusion, every body seems to have an opinion of people, every body seems to be so critical of others, many often over look their own flaws, they often over exaggerate their own flaws as well as the other persons flaws just as they forget about their own good traits or the other persons.

I've also come to realize how easily amazing things can be lost. When someone is such a good friend of yours, and you come to realize all of the good traits they have and how those traits suit you, a single bad trait showing up will often erase those good traits completely. This is probably how most friend ships, and most relationships end. While this is fair, we mustn't forget, that no body is perfect. And on top of that, no body is above any body else. It's just like they say, when you lose your hearing, your eye sight gets better (They say that, right? D= )

This blog post has no flow, and I guess its probably mainly incoherent rambling.

What I'm trying to say, my friends is that there is no bad and there is no good. Just as beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so is goodness and evil. While there are traits that are surely only good, or only evil. There is an equal amount of these traits in each person. It is this equalization that creates a balance in our society, it is this equalization that makes us perfect, after all - without bad, what is good?

Next time you see that person you aren't so fond off, think to yourself about why every body who is fond of that person is. There is always a good trait, one just needs to find and usually, one doesn't need to search deep either.

No comments:

Post a Comment