Saturday, July 3, 2010

His most joyous night

First off, I should say that I do not plan on making this blog a raging inferno of me fanboying about my favorite bands. It's just that tonight, the night I create this blog, I also experienced one of the greatest and most significant events of my life, and thus that is what I shall go on a rampage about.

July 3rd, 2010 - The day I saw Iron Maiden live for the first time.

Iron Maiden, my absolute favorite band of all time, live.
YES!
Along with Dream Theater, one of my favourite bands, what a night

And then all my good friends; Benny, Ricky, Vinashan, Michael and his brother, my brother...

We met at my house, and watched the Spain vs Paraguay game. Leaving at around 4 for the concert. Once we got there, we just hung around going to different places and kindve trying to figure a lot of stuff out. I bought an Iron Maiden shirt ($40, but worth it!) and a Maiden poster ($10, cheaper than at HMV =] )

By maybe 6:30, we were in the concert and seated. Dream Theater started at exactly 6:58

I remember Labrie just walking on and then the whole band breaking into As I am, and thus the head banging begun. Dream Theater did definitely play well and I really enjoyed them.

And then started IRON MAIDEN. What an amazing time, Adrian and Dave just walking on and bursting into The Wickerman.

I was pleasantly surprised that they played songs such as Ghost of the Navigator and No More Lies, they missed out some fan favorites, but I don't mind one bit. It was amazing. I spent most of the time absolutely banging my head off, pumping my arms with the \m/ sign, clapping high in the air and generally yelling strange but awesome comments "JANNNIIICKKKKKKK, SOLOO EEETTTT" etc.

The best thing about rock concerts is really the atmosphere, its so amazing and impossible to describe. I looked around me, and saw over 10'000 fists in the air, people yelling out lyrics and generally having an AMAZING time during songs like Wrathchild and Benjamin Breeg. Or I looked around me, and I saw waving hands and lit lighters during songs like Dance of Death and Blood Brothers. I sung my heart out at this concert, I love this band to death, they really touch me.

But as I looked around and experienced this, that I realized more than being a rock band, this is a culture. It's impossible to describe this any farther, one would have to experience it them selves. Absolutely amazing experience.

Set Lists:

Dream Theater:
1. As I am
2. A rite of Passage
3. Home
4. Constant Motion
5. Panic Attack
6. Pull me Under

Iron Maiden:
1. The Wickerman
2. Ghost of the Navigator
3. Wrathchild
4. El Dorado
5. Dance of Death
6. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
7. These Colours don't run
8. Blood Brothers
9. Wildest Dreams
10. No More Lies
11. Brave New World
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden x2 + Eddie =]

Encore:
14: The Number of the Beast
15. Hallowed be thy name
16. Running Free

UP THE IRONS

1 comment: