Friday, October 4, 2013

Training - 4th Oct. 2013


Power Snatch + Snatch 6x1+1 @115
Back activation exercises


Don't know if anyone noticed, but I was on a bit of a week long hiatus there. It's not that I was too lazy to blog, I was actually just unable to lift due to the recurring back injury.

Not 100%. Probably going to spend most of next week doing more rehab.

What happened was that when Front Squatting, I made a stupid mistake and ending up compressing the left side of my middle traps. The resulting injury is pretty unforgiving. Constant icing + Ibuprofen definitely helping.

But the issue with these kinds of injuries is the more permanent effect they have on lifting.

I noticed this today, when Snatching, it felt like the left side of my back was asleep, it really was not activating at all in the way it was supposed to. Looking at videos, it was evident that the left side was visibly lower (pulled down by weight because it was unable to activate in a strong position) than the right.

So I really am just going to be focused on waking it up, and making it that it recovers in the appropriate manner. This is why i have been doing the "back activation exercises" - Snatch Grip OHPs and Rows are a mainstay in this, so is the front rack position.

Will probably spend this next week working on this and lifting more casually getting back into it. Get serious after Thanks Giving.


Pretty angry that I have to waste a good 3 weeks of my precious allotted 4 months of training. But injury is important because it teaches us many lessons. More on that another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment