Friday, September 20, 2013

Training - 20th Sep. 2013


Snatch: Singles upto 135, missed 140
Back Squat: 1 rep @(205-245) 3x3@225, 2x6 @ 205
GHR 5x5
Behind the Neck Snatch Grip Press: 2x10 @ 45, 3x8@65
Rows: 3x10
Ab wheel roll out


Hand was still hurting today but less than yesterday, Took a risk with Snatches, and I think it was okay. Bit of pain but tightly would wrist wraps supported the hand, and it actually felt better when snatching than it had all day. On another note, ripped callous hurts so much!
Snatching went pretty well.

Back Squats bit of an experiment. Never really experimented with heavy singles in my training before, it's something pretty new. The idea being to spend more time at heavier weights and teaching the body to handle a heavier weight better So I'm not going for a 1RM by any means, just a heavy single. Was surprised how tiring the heavy singles can be though. Relatively conservative, but hard anyway.

Behind the Neck Snatch Grip Presses were a bit risky due to the hand but I did them anyway at light weights. The idea behind this exercise is not really strength. It is assistance in activating the right musculature. My thought is that if I can forcefully externally rotate my shoulders through the movement, I place emphasis on the back muscles that I want active in the bottom position of the Snatch...Thus teaching them to wake up and be more alert. Will go heavier on these at some point once the hand heals, and eventually switch them to Sots Presses (same thing but doing it in a deep squat). It really feels tense on my back, honestly the shoulders feel nothing but that external rotation is really good for my weaknesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment