Wednesday, August 11, 2010

He's riding the 4 string highway


Today was a biiggg day!!!
well kindve;

First off, Ramadan starts tomorrow, which basically means that this handsome young fellow has to start fasting, meaning he's going on a diet :p

Ramadan is a strange thing for me, I don't give it the appropriate religious importance which maybe I should, I look at it in more of a family thing. It's an ordeal that my entire family takes on together and so I feel obligated to do so as well.

Well, the next month will suck :) (fasting lasts from sunrise to sunset, and since the days are so long these days, this boy will be fasting for a Looonngg time each day,) at least he gets to sleep half the day :)

On saturday, I have invited some good friends to come and join me in my humble sleeping chambers ( for a sleepover, more manly referred to as a Sausagefest) this should be a pleasant and enjoyable experience

But why
was
TODAY
such
a
BIG
day?!

BECAUSE, I bought a BASS GUITAR!!!
hoo (I am spoilt and now I am in debt =[ )
After watching Steve Harris and Geddy Lee live, this man was inspired and I knew that I needed a bass ASAP

Pic: related, the bass I got, well not THE one but the same model and color and every thing.

Bass guitar, for those of you who don't know is indeed a very unique instrument. Bassists will kill you if you mistake them for a guitarist, so make no mistake :)
It looks similar to a guitar, but it's played very differently; or you can play it similarly too but it's not really in the Bass vibe to do so :)

The 4 strings are tuned the same as the lower 4 strings on a guitar, but 1 octave lower and the whole thing is in Bass clef, pretty darn cool! :)

Now, I just need to actually get to learning it while continuing my guitar and drum journey, the challenge begins but it is one that I most eagerly await :)

No comments:

Post a Comment